Piri-Piri Cauliflower SteaksApril 29, 2021
Italian Veg Stir Fry & Toasted HazelnutsJuly 29, 2022
This recipe for Chimichurri Chicken with Lemon & Herb Slaw is sure to put a smile on your face! With minimal prep time, it’s quick to put together and can be very economical too.
It’s versatile enough to use with drumsticks, wings, thighs or breast, it’s a great addition to any barbecue, or as a meal in itself. Try doing a batch of wings for a treat whilst sitting in the garden. It makes a great BBQ side too.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 12 Chicken drumsticks or wings (with or without skin)
- 3 Tbsp Chimichurri Rub
- 1 Tbsp Polenta
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
Lemon & Herb Slaw:
- 1 small White cabbage, shredded
- 2 small Red Onions, finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C & line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Toss the Chicken with the oil to coat
- Mix the Polenta with the Chimichurri Rub together, then add to the Chicken bowl and mix well to coat everything
- Spread the chicken evenly on the baking tray & bake for around 35 mins until cooked through & crisp. Make sure juices run clear
- Meanwhile, make the Slaw by stirring the Mediterranean rub & salt into the mayonnaise, then stir in the cabbage & onions to coat well
- Serve with a salad, fries or veggies – or enjoy on its own as finger food!
- If you like it a bit hotter, swap the plain Rapeseed oil for Garlic & Chilli Oil
- Feel free to swap the Chicken for thick slices of firm tofu or even Halloumi and bring down the cooking time accordingly – you want it crisp but not burnt!