Looking for a post-workout drink or just a rich, creamy treat to satisfy your sugar craving? Our Espresso Banana Shake has the chocolate, banana & coffee kick we need to make it the perfect combo in our book. It’s quick to prepare too if you have a blender or smoothie maker.
As well as the nutrients & massive fibre boost you’ll get from the Chia Seeds, you’ll also feel fuller for longer to keep those cravings at bay.
Rather than the shop-bought shakes that are loaded with sugar, this is a great way to know what you’re eating & avoid unnecessary sugar in your diet. It’s a great treat for those times when you don’t want a hot coffee, but an iced coffee on its own just doesn’t cut it.
This is the base recipe – there’s so many variations on this so it’s easy to tweak it & make it your own.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 2 shakes)
- 1 banana, chopped & frozen
- 2 shots espresso, cooled
- 250ml almond or hazelnut milk (or your favourite)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 ice cubes
- good pinch of desiccated or shredded coconut
- add everything except the coconut to a blender & blitz until smooth
- sprinkle the coconut on top & serve
- don’t freeze the banana if you want a thinner shake
- double up on the chocolatey kick by adding a tsp of Cacao Powder as well
- add 1 tsp of Pumpkin Seeds to the blender too
- use half a tsp of Vanilla Powder instead of the Cinnamon
- add 1 tbsp of rolled oats to the blender for a more substantial shake, perfect for breakfast times!
- add your favourite protein powder to boost the nutritional value