Chimichurri Chicken, Lemon Herb SlawJuly 26, 2022
Our quick Italian Vegetable Stir Fry & Toasted Hazelnuts recipe will give you a dinner or side dish in minutes! With minimal prep time, it’s quick to put together and can be very economical too.
Use whatever veggies you have – we grow a lot of ours so, for a while at least, there’s always a glut of courgettes, peppers, green beans, onions & more to get through. If we have things like chard or kale, we add that too.
This is a great way to give yourself a plate of sunshine!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- Drizzle of Rapeseed oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 250 mushrooms, sliced or broken into chunks
- 250g spinach leaves
- 200g baby tomatoes, halved
- Drizzle of Fig & Date Balsamic
Hazelnut topping (optional):
- To make the topping: heat 1 tsp of oil in a small pan, then add the chopped hazelnuts & stir fry for 3-4 minutes; remove from heat & stir in the Mediterranean rub. Set aside for later.
- For the main dish, heat a drizzle of oil in a wok or frying pan
- Add the onions & fry for 2 minutes to soften
- Add the peppers, courgettes & mushrooms & stir fry for another 4-5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes & spinach & toss until wilted
- Drizzle the Fig & Date Balsamic over the veggies, toss through & divide up onto four plates.
- Sprinkle with hazelnut topping & enjoy.
- If you like it a bit hotter, swap the plain Rapeseed oil for Garlic & Chilli Oil
- Add other veg, like kale, sliced artichokes, sugar snaps, fine beans, asparagus or anything else. Just make sure you cut roughly to the same thickness so they all cook at the same rate.
- Likewise, add fresh herb leaves into the mix as well at the final moment – basil, coriander or parsley would all work well.
- This would make a great antipasti-style side dish as well, perfect for a BBQ
- Spritz it with a squeeze of lemon & another drizzle of oil, maybe even a few chunks of feta or some olives, to serve with some crusty bread.