We’re always trying to show how versatile our rubs are and that they’re not just for BBQ or meats, so we were excited to be featured in TheVeganKind box with our Magic Vegan Fajitas!
As you may know, Magic BBQ Dust is a fave of ours and this recipe is a lovely way to incorporate it into a totally vegan recipe. Of course, it can be adapted as you see fit to tweak it to your personal taste, but we’ve reproduced it here to give you the basics.
Of course, you could use our Spicy Taco mix if you prefer that instead.
- 150g raw cashews
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of pure sea salt
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- juice of a lime
- handful chopped coriander
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 peppers, sliced
- handful of sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 tsp Magic BBQ Dust
- splash of rapeseed oil
- pack of tortilla wraps (Lidl do a vegan version)
- ‘Sour cream’: Put cashews in a bowl & cover with boiling water for 30 minutes or more; drain & blend with the rest of the ingredients until very smooth, loosening with a touch of water if needed
- Guacamole: half the avocado & scoop out the flesh, adding to a bowl with one of the avocado stone (to help stop it go brown). Finely chop the tomato & add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, mix well, cover with cling & chill until needed.
- Fajitas: Cook the onions, peppers & mushrooms in a splash of the oil for a minute, then add the Magic BBQ Dust & mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes
Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, jalapeños, vegan cheese & some of our Zingy Fresh Tomato Salsa
One great way to jazz this up would be adding firm tofu or black beans just to give a different texture. We love a few thin asparagus spears too, quickly seared in the pan so they still have some bite!