We’re eating a lot more veggies nowadays but don’t want to miss out on texture, flavour or taste.
Unfortunately, it is too easy to get stuck in a rut with veggies, which ultimately leads to boredom. This is where Piri-Piri Cauliflower Steaks come in! It’s a quick, versatile meal that can work either as a light lunch or a full meal, depending on what you serve with it.
In fact, these are so popular now that many supermarkets are now selling two ‘steaks’ of cauliflower for about £3, but our version will cost less than half that & taste much better!
As with most of our recipes, the choice of spice blend is flexible. Piri Piri has a gorgeous, smoky kick, but feel free to swap it for your favourite.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tsp Piri Piri rub
- 1 Tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c
- Cut two 20mm thick slices from the middle of the cauliflower and lightly rub with oil
- Mix together the Piri Piri rub, breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, nutritional yeast & salt
- Dip the cauliflower into the spice mix to coat both sides
- Place on the baking tray & bake for 12 mins until crisp & coloured on the outside, but still with some bite
- Serve warm with a salad, rice or grains
- For a gorgeous dressing to drizzle over as you serve, mix 2 Tbsp of cold-pressed Rapeseed oil with 1 Tbsp lemon juice, a small bunch of chopped parsley & a pinch of ground black pepper
- Substitute the cauliflower for a thick slice of firm Tofu or Halloumi