Give your smoothies & protein shakes a massive, green nutritional kick with our Chai Spice mix. This burst of nutrients can help support a healthier lifestyle & is simple to incorporate into your routine. It’s also ‘free’ on all the slimming plans we know of!
A perfectly balanced blend of cardamon, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, allspice & nutmeg, it not only increases the nutritional content of your smoothies, it tastes great too.
- Cardamon: related to ginger & can be used in much the same way to counteract digestive problems; it helps combat nausea, acidity, bloating, heartburn, loss of appetite & constipation
- Cloves: an abundance of antioxidant, anti-septic, local anaesthetic & anti-inflammatory properties, it is also rich in minerals like Potassium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium & Magnesium
- Cinnamon: loaded with antioxidants for an anti-inflammatory effect, Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels & can improve some key risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol, triglycerides & blood pressure
- Ginger: with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels & improve heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes
- Allspice: good for diabetics, improves heart health, circulation, boosts the immune system & has anti-inflammatory properties
- Nutmeg: health benefits include its ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, detoxify the body, boost skin health, reduce insomnia, increase immune system function & improve blood circulation.
For a great smoothie, add 1 tsp (4g) of Chai Spice to a blender with a banana & 200ml of your favourite plant-based milk (we use almond or coconut) & blend well. Add frozen berries for an extra boost. If just used like this, the pot contains around 10 servings, so it’s great value.
Our healthy blender boosters are perfect for supercharging your mornings too! We’ve made a delicious chai porridge using our Chai Spice, topped with dark chocolate shavings & coconut… yum! Try our Chai Spiced Energy Bites for a simple post-workout snack.
For a real treat, stir in 1/2 a teaspoon of this into a milky tea for a Chai Masala Tea. You can also add this mix to rice puddings, desserts or even curries.
Volume: 40g resealable pot. Shelf life 18-24 months.