Our Strawberry & Mint ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is bright, fruity & summery, perfect to give you a taste of the sunshine all year round!
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our Strawberry & Mint ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
Try a drizzle on salads, fruit, desserts, thick greek yoghurt, pancakes, muesli or bircher for a gorgeously fruity kick. A teaspoon in a glass of Prosecco is amazing too!
This is an incredible partner to anything and you’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness.