Tarragon has an aniseed-like flavour with a touch more sweetness & is a classic ingredient in French & Italian cooking.
Our French Tarragon works especially well with fish, poultry, egg dishes, soups, stews, sauces & pasta dishes. Use sparingly to avoid overpowering the dish.
For a quick sauce:
- melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a pan, sauté 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 finely diced shallot & 1 tsp Tarragon for 1 minute
- *add 1/2 cup of chicken stock, bring to the boil & reduce by half
- lower the heat & stir in 1 cup of cream, 1 Tbsp honey a squeeze of lemon juice
- simmer for 5 mins until slightly thickened
- remove from heat, stir in 1 Tbsp of butter & pour over chicken, fish & veg
*Optional: add 1/2 cup white wine and reduce to 2 Tbsp before starting step 2.; this will add more depth of flavour.
15g resealable pot.