8 Vegan & Veggie Spice Collection
Our Vegan & Veggie Spice Collection is a set of incredibly versatile, veggie & vegan-friendly spices & rubs to kickstart a healthier diet! A gift-boxed collection of 8 full size pots, this is the perfect way to rub, marinade & pinch your way to incredible flavour.
It’s easy to substitute any of the veggie suggestions for a vegan alternative as you prefer, e.g. swap halloumi for tofu & so on.
All are ZERO SUGAR with maximum taste! They’re also ‘free’ on all the slimming plans we know of!
- Halloumi & Tofu Spice: a gorgeous blend of spices, including sweet paprika, lemon zest, coriander & thyme, this is a versatile, easy way to give a massive flavour boost to otherwise-bland food. A pinch on asparagus as you cook it will take this humble spear to the next level! Dust onto halloumi before frying or grilling it or use to coat tofu before you fry it. This is an amazing blend that gives any veggies a gorgeous flavour.
- Epic Roasties & Veggie Dust: up your roasties game & take veggies to new levels with our Epic Roasties & Veggies Dust! For the perfect roasties, par-boil for around 8 mins, drain & let steam dry for 5-10 mins. Add to a roasting tray with a drizzle of Rosemary & Garlic oil (or plain oil), turn them to coat & sprinkle with 1 tsp of Epic Roasties & Veggies Dust. Cook for about 30-40 mins at 220c, turning after 20 mins, so they look & taste awesome. Or try some awesome Brussels sprouts: shred them nice & finely, add to a wok or frying pan with a tiny bit of butter, a splash of your favourite oil & 1 tsp of Epic Roasties & Veggies Dust. Cook for 5 mins on a fairly high heat, stirring as needed to stop them catching. This will be your new favourite way to cook them. This is an amazing blend that gives any veggies a gorgeous flavour.
- Falafel Spice: a gorgeous blend of spices, including coriander, cumin, parsley & nutmeg, this is the simplest way to create home made falafel & hummus. Just blitz a can of drained chickpeas in a food processor with 3 tsp of Falafel spice & 1 Tbsp flour until smooth. Then shape into patties or balls & fry until golden. Serve with flatbreads & hummus. This makes a great addition to a mezze feast! Our Falafel spice also makes fab hummus! The ‘cheat method’ is to stir 1 tsp of Falafel spice into shop-bought hummus & finish with a drizzle of Sicilian Lemon oil, but it’s a simple dish to prepare from scratch anyway.
- Panch Phoron: a whole spice blend originating from the Indian subcontinent, used widely in the cuisine of Bangladesh, Eastern India & Southern Nepal. The name literally means ‘five spices‘ in Bengali. Ours is a beautiful blend of cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds, black mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds. Unlike most spice mixes, panch phoron is always used whole & never ground. It is traditionally used with vegetables, chicken, curries, fish, lentils & even in pickles. It is typically fried in oil or ghee which causes it to ‘pop’; this technique is known as ‘tempering’ the spices. It is the perfect way to begin a curry, tempering the spices this way, before adding finely diced onion to allow the flavours to mingle then adding the rest of the ingredients. For a quick twist on the classic, try sprinkling 1 tsp over potatoes before roasting.
- Gunpowder Spice: this is an amazing blend & one we use a few times a week on almost anything! Use 1 tsp when sautéing onions to start off a curry or add a pinch to the finished dish as you serve – this is a really quick tip to freshen up the flavours in any dish & is commonly done with Garam Masala; using a pinch of our Gunpowder spice instead will give that extra kick! Sprinkle over roast veggies (especially roast potatoes!) or dal (lentil) dishes. Dust onto halloumi, tofu or paneer before you cook it for even more flavour.
- Aleppo Pepper: also known as pul biber, this is a coarsely ground Syrian & Turkish paprika, widely used in cooking & as a table condiment in Turkish homes & restaurants. Named after the Syrian city of Aleppo on the famous Silk Road spice route, this intensely burgundy-red coloured, aromatic blend has some fruitiness with mild, cumin-like undertones. It has a similar flavour to the ancho chile, but oilier & slightly salty due to the drying & curing process. Sprinkle over anything or add to melted butter or olive oil to finish off stews, soups & eggs. Mix 1 tsp to yoghurt or soured cream for a gorgeous dip too or throw a pinch on sweet potato wedges or chips instead of salt. Because it contains no seeds or inner flesh of the chillies, it is still relatively mild in the chilli league tables, its heat building slowly with a fruity raisin-like finish. It instantly perks up rice, soups, chickpeas, spinach, kale & tofu; a good pinch in homemade (or shop bought) hummus takes it to another level.
- Kala Namak: also known as ‘Himalayan black salt‘, this is a kiln-fired rock salt with a sulphurous, pungent smell mined in the regions surrounding the Himalayas of Nepal. It is used widely in South Asia & has an unmistakable pungency & taste due to its naturally high sulphur/sulphite mineral content. It also contains high concentrations of magnesium & iron. It’s particularly popular with vegans because its sulphur smell & taste makes a wonderful substitute for scrambled ‘eggs’ using tofu instead. Once cooked, the flavour becomes milder & not so ‘eggy’. With it’s almost-smoky, ‘volcanic’ taste, Kala Namak is especially popular in Indian cuisine & is widely used in making salt blends like chaat masala, potato chaat or chaat puri.
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes: made from primary inactive yeast with no artificial additives or preservatives, this is a versatile vegan food with have a deliciously nutty, cheesy taste. An essential part of many vegetarian vegan diets, it can be sprinkled on anything for a cheesy flavour during cooking, or used simply as a condiment & sprinkled over food when serving. It’s a perfect alternative to parmesan cheese or makes a great ‘cheese’ sauce.
Gift boxed with a Recipe Tips leaflet.
There are no fillers, flour, or added sugar in any of these products.
- Halloumi & Tofu Spice: sweet paprika, garlic, cumin, coriander, lemon zest, cayenne, oregano, nutritional yeast & thyme; 35g
- Epic Roasties & Veggie Dust: garlic, cumin, onion, pepper, sweet paprika, thyme, oregano, nutritional yeast, polenta & sea salt; 35g
- Falafel Spice: coriander, cumin, parsley, cayenne, paprika, pepper, fennel, cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg & cloves; 35g
- Panch Phoron: cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds, black MUSTARD seeds & fenugreek seeds; 50g
- Gunpowder Spice: chillies, black rice, cumin, fenugreek, black pepper, nigella seeds, ground curry leaves, ground coriander; 35g
- Aleppo Pepper: Aleppo chilli peppers, salt, sunflower oil; 35g
- Kala Namak: Himalayan black salt, finely ground with no additives; 80g
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes: dried inactive yeast (natural, not fortified); 30g
Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan & Vegetarian
|Dimensions||220 x 140 x 70 mm|
Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar