Barrel-Aged Red Wine Vinegar NEW!
As you would expect from us, this is no ordinary red wine vinegar. This is an incredibly versatile Barrel-Aged Red Wine Vinegar with the balance of sweet & sour you expect from a wine vinegar, but with more depth of flavour from the aging process.
This Red Wine Vinegar is also from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, slowly aged in barrels until it develops the right balance of sweet & sour, ready to use in dressings, marinades & much more.
A red wine vinegar is less acidic & has much more flavour than regular malt vinegar. As a natural product, it has no calories, cholesterol, carbs, salt or fat yet it makes such a huge difference to many dishes.
Red wine vinegar is better suited to heartier flavours like beef, game & pork as well as richer sauces & gravies whilst white wine vinegar is best for salads, chicken & fish dishes or light sauces. A splash of this Red Wine Vinegar in a casserole or stew, sauce, gravy or just to deglaze a roasting pan makes a huge difference.
Here’s our base recipe for a classic dressing using our Barrel-Aged Red Wine Vinegar. Just add everything to a jar & shake well, or mix in a bowl.
Classic vinaigrette, perfect for robust salad leaves or roast veg:
- 7-9 Tbsp your favourite cold-pressed oil (we use Rapeseed oil)
- 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain or French mustard
- pinch of salt & pepper
The classic ratio is 3:1 oil to vinegar, but use less oil if you prefer.
- add 1 tsp of chopped herbs; thyme, parsley, tarragon or oregano give it a herby kick
- add 1 small finely diced shallot and/or half a crushed garlic clove for a punchier flavour
- add 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup to give more sweetness & ’rounded’ flavour
- swap 1 Tbsp of the Wine Vinegar for 1 Tbsp lemon or orange juice to give a zesty, citrusy kick
- for an Asian twist, swap 1 Tbsp of the oil for sesame oil & add 1 tsp soy sauce for a deeper, richer flavour, but leave out the salt from the base recipe
Use it as a dressing for a robust salad or stir through tray-baked roast veg for the last few minutes of cooking.
Wine vinegar. Contains sulphites
Typical values per 100ml
- Energy 0 KJ (0 kcal)
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 0g, of which sugars 0g
- Fat 0g, of which saturates 0g
- Salt 0g
|Dimensions||60 x 60 x 240 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar