Barrel-Aged White Wine Vinegar NEW!
As you would expect from us, this is no ordinary white wine vinegar. Our Barrel-Aged White Wine Vinegar is incredibly versatile with that balance of sweet & sour you expect from a wine vinegar, but with added depth & subtle background of sweetness from the aging process.
This is not a balsamic, but it is the wine vinegar used to create some of our stunning white balsamic vinegars, including our award-winning Aged White Balsamic Vinegar.
This White Wine Vinegar is also from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, slowly aged in barrels until it develops the right balance of sweet & sour, ready to use in dressings, marinades & much more.
A white wine vinegar is less acidic & has much more flavour than regular white vinegar. As a natural product, it has no calories, cholesterol, carbs, salt or fat yet it makes such a huge difference to many dishes.
White wine vinegar is best for salads, chicken & fish dishes or light sauces, whilst red wine vinegar is better suited to heartier flavours like beef, game & pork or richer sauces & gravies.
Here’s our base recipe for a classic dressing using our Barrel-Aged White Wine Vinegar. Just add everything to a jar & shake well, or mix in a bowl.
Classic vinaigrette, perfect for salad leaves or roast veg:
- 7-9 Tbsp your favourite cold-pressed oil (we use Rapeseed oil)
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain or French mustard
- pinch of salt & pepper
The classic ratio is 3:1 oil to vinegar, but use less oil if you prefer.
- add 1 tsp of chopped herbs; thyme, parsley, tarragon or oregano give it a herby kick
- add 1 small finely diced shallot and/or half a crushed garlic clove for a punchier flavour
- add 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup to give more sweetness & ’rounded’ flavour
- swap 1 Tbsp of the Wine Vinegar for 1 Tbsp lemon juice to give a zesty, citrusy kick
- for an Asian twist, swap 1 Tbsp of the oil for sesame oil & add 1 tsp soy sauce for a deeper, richer flavour, but leave out the salt from the base recipe
Use it as a dressing for any salad or toss through still-warm fine green beans for incredible flavour!
Wine vinegar. Contains sulphites
Typical values per 100ml
- Energy 0 KJ (0 kcal)
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 0g, of which sugars 0g
- Fat 0g, of which saturates 0g
- Salt 0g
|Dimensions||60 x 60 x 240 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar