Blueberry & Vanilla ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic
NOW A GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNER!
Our Blueberry & Vanilla ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is perfect for autumn nights, drizzling over goat’s cheese salads, game, or desserts. It works beautifully with rich meats like venison, goose & duck too.
Apart from using our Great Taste Award-winning ‘Gran Riserva’ as the base, the Blueberry & Vanilla ‘Special Reserve’ is now a GREAT TASTE WINNER (2020) in it’s own right now too.
The judges had this to say about it:
- Beautiful, glossy balsamic vinegar with a look of melted molasses. The sharp acidic aroma is inviting, with hints of prunes & blueberries on the nose. Flavour notes follow through very well indeed, both the vanilla & blueberries can be identified independently, but also balance well with the richness of the balsamic.
- Rich, dark, unctuous balsamic with an appealing gloss. Light fruity aroma with a hint of caramel-sweetness. Deep, treacly, muscovado-sugar notes contrast with a clever fresh berry fruitiness & a delicate hint of sweet vanilla on the finish.
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our Blueberry & Vanilla ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
Try a drizzle on thick greek yoghurt on pancakes, muesli or bircher in the morning for a blueberry kick. It works on a cheese board too, especially harder cheeses like parmesan or pecorino. It’s also fab on sautéed greens & veg.
This is an incredible partner to anything and you’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness.
Balsamic vinegar [concentrated grape must, wine vinegar], blueberries (19%), vanilla (1%). Contains sulfites.
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1613 KJ (379 kcal) Protein 1.6g Carbohydrate 89.0g of which sugars 88.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.172g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar