Creamy Cacao NEW!
Our Creamy Cacao mix is the perfect way to satisfy those chocolate cravings without loading up with sugar or processed hot chocolate drinks.
Give yourself a ‘hug in a mug’ with this rich, chocolatey drink with no added sugar or sweeteners. Just add your favourite milk & stir for an incredible soothing drink to warm your body & soul.
Every ingredient in our Creamy Cacao has its own purpose:
- Raw Cacao powder: sacred amongst the Mayans & Aztecs in the tropical climates of South America, the Cacao bean is the raw base for many chocolate producers around the World. Technically a superfood because of their wide range of antioxidants & nutrients, Cacao beans are rich in Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Copper & Potassium whilst still being low in sugar. Our Raw Cacao Powder is an incredible way to get your chocolate kick without the sugar that commercial chocolate & cocoa powders usually contain.
- Maca powder: sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng, Maca is grown mainly in Peru at very high altitudes & is a cruciferous vegetable & related to broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage & kale. Maca is a low glycaemic index (GI) carbohydrate source & it’s also a complete protein, containing all of the essential amino acids whilst also being a good source of vitamins & minerals. It is high in protein & carbs & rich in vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin B, Potassium, Copper & Iron. In fact, it has 5 times more Iron than Spinach & 3 times more Vitamin C than an orange. It also contains many bioactive plant compounds.
- Ginger: with powerful anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties, Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels & improve heart disease risk factors in patients with type-2 diabetes
- Cinnamon: loaded with antioxidants for an anti-inflammatory effect, cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels & can improve some key risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol, triglycerides & blood pressure
- Liquorice powder: finely ground liquorice root gives a subtle anise aromas & warming, gentle sweetness without overpowering the blend. Liquorice is particular good for digestion & is often found in herbal teas & tisanes.
- Vanilla powder: Rich, plump vanilla pods are crushed to create our pure Vanilla Powder. Unlike many others, ours is 100% pure, containing no sugar, additives, carriers or alcohol.
For the perfect soothing drink:
- warm 200ml of your favourite milk (we use oat milk) but don’t boil
- add 2 tsp (6g) of the blend to a mug & use a splash of the warm milk to stir to a paste.
- pour in the remaining milk & stir well.
- sweeten to taste with honey or maple syrup if you need to – but do try without first, because we don’t think it needs it.
If just used like this, the pot contains around 7 servings, so it’s great value.
And if you’re wondering why you only need 2 teaspoonfuls of ours, yet you need 4 heaped teaspoonfuls of other drinking chocolates, it’s because the biggest ingredient in the others is often sugar and milk whey; with ours, the cacao is the biggest ingredient by far! You have to use more of the ‘cheap ones’ in order to get past the sugar & taste the actual chocolate!
This also makes a great smoothie: add 1 tsp (3g) of Creamy Cacao to a blender with a banana & 200ml of your favourite plant-based milk & blend well. Add a handful of berries if you want to.
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free & soy free. We would recommend using oat milk or almond milk to make the perfect drink, but you could also make it with water or even add 1 tsp of the blend to a smoothie.
Stir 1 tsp into warm porridge for an incredible chocolatey breakfast kick with none of the sugar you’d find in ‘normal’ cereals!
Volume: 42g resealable pot (around 7 servings). Shelf life 18-24 months.
cacao powder (75%), maca powder, ginger, cinnamon, liquorice powder & vanilla powder
Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan & Vegetarian
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (typical per 100g)
Energy 1276KJ (305kcal), Protein 7g, Carbohydrate 70g (1.6g sugars), Fat 9.2g (3.7g saturates), Fibre 32g, Salt 0.19g
(Nutritional information shown for blend only mixed with water, e.g. does not allow for whatever milk or milk substitute you use to make. Suggested serving size 6g)
|Dimensions||70 x 70 x 52 mm|