Ginger & Honey ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic
Our Ginger & Honey ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is a real treat with a unique flavour profile. It works beautifully with sweet meats like pork, pancetta & duck, or as a dipper for a fruity panettone.
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
This also means it’s ‘free’ on all the slimming plans we know of!
Instead, our Ginger & Honey ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
It’s versatile enough to use in cooking; a drizzle when cooking pancetta or roast pork will add an extra dimension of flavour that works beautifully. In fact, we use this on pork now instead of apple sauce.
It’s also perfect on sautéed greens or stir fries.
Try a drizzle on thick greek yoghurt over pancakes, muesli or bircher for a morning kick.
This is an incredible partner to anything and you’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness.
Balsamic vinegar [concentrated grape must, wine vinegar], ginger (1%), honey (1%). Contains sulfites.
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1613 KJ (379 kcal) Protein 1.6g Carbohydrate 88.0g of which sugars 87.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.15g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar