Golden Turmeric Milk
Give yourself a ‘hug in a mug’ with our delicious, nutritious Golden Turmeric Milk.
This perfectly balanced blend of warming & important spices can help support a healthier lifestyle & is simple to incorporate into your routine. Make yourself a mug of this each evening & give yourself a delicious boost whilst you reflect on the day.
Our blend contains no added sugar or sweeteners. Just add milk & stir for an incredible nothing elixir to calm your body & soul.
Every ingredient in our Golden Turmeric Milk has its own purpose:
- Turmeric contains an active ingredient, curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties. An Ayurvedic remedy used for 4,000 years, Turmeric is linked to many studies showing reduction in heart disease, depression, cancer & Alzheimer’s. We use HIGH STRENGTH TURMERIC with 6% active curcumin, far higher than many others, for the maximum benefit
- Coconut: the fatty acids in coconut can significantly reduce appetite & help to burn fat; the medium chain triglycerides found in coconut can increase calories burned over 24 hours by as much as 5%
- Ginger: with powerful anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties, Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels & improve heart disease risk factors in patients with type-2 diabetes
- Cinnamon: loaded with antioxidants for an anti-inflammatory effect, cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels & can improve some key risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol, triglycerides & blood pressure
- Pepper: the active ingredient in pepper, piperine, enhances the curcumin absorption in the body by up to 2,000%
- Cardamon: the antioxidant and diuretic properties may help to lower blood pressure, plus it gives some headiness & sweetness to the drink
- Cloves: a sweet and aromatic spice considered to enhance circulation, digestion & metabolism
- Nutmeg: in Ayurvedic medicine, nutmeg is used as a natural sleep aid, normally taken in warm milk before bed. It stimulates appetite & digestion.
- Star Anise: used widely in Asian cuisine & rich in antioxidants & vitamin A & C, the natural oil produced from star anise contains thymol, terpineol & anethole, used for treating cough and flu. Anise also helps improve digestion, reduce bloating & reduce nausea.
For the perfect soothing drink:
- warm 200ml of your favourite milk (we use oat milk) but don’t boil
- add 2 tsp (6g) of the blend to a mug & use a splash of the warm milk to stir to a paste.
- pour in the remaining milk & stir well.
- sweeten to taste with honey or maple syrup if you need to – but do try without first, because we don’t think it needs it.
If just used like this, the pot contains around 7 servings, so it’s great value.
This also makes a great smoothie: add 1 tsp (3g) of Golden Turmeric Milk to a blender with a banana & 200ml of your favourite plant-based milk & blend well. Add a handful of berries if you want to.
Vegan, gluten free, dairy free & soy free. We would recommend using oat milk or almond milk to make the perfect drink, but you could also make it with water or even add 1 tsp of the blend to a smoothie or porridge.
Stir 1 tsp into warm porridge for an incredible & nutritious breakfast.
Volume: 42g resealable pot (around 7 servings). Shelf life 18-24 months.
coconut milk powder, double-strength [6% curcumin] turmeric (30%), ginger, cinnamon, cardamon, pepper, cloves, nutmeg, star anise
Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan & Vegetarian
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (typical per 100g)
Energy 1588KJ (380kcal), Protein 13g, Carbohydrate 44g (9.2g sugars), Fat 19g (4.6g saturates), Fibre 22g, Salt 0.07g
(Nutritional information shown for spice blend only mixed with water, e.g. does not allow for whatever milk or milk substitute you use to make. Suggested serving size 6g)
|Dimensions||70 x 70 x 52 mm|