Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Our Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is absolutely stunning. If you’re looking for a glaze or a thicker balsamic, our intense, rich & naturally sweet ‘Gran Riserva’ is the one for you!
Home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, our Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ is grown & aged in Modena for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained.
It’s also a GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNER too!
This is what the judges had to say about it:
- There is some power to the aroma of this vinegar. The flavour does open with that hint of burnt sugar followed by fruitiness that builds.
- Glossy, with good consistency. Real caramel/molasses notes to the flavour with the expected depth and length of notes. Complex sweetness and a lovely balance of acidity.
- A dark & rich balsamic with a good consistency and beautiful sheen. The ageing has done its work; there is a touch of acetic and a warmth of sweetness.
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
This also means it’s ‘free’ on all the slimming plans we know of!
You’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness to anything. Use as your ‘go-to’ balsamic: dress a salad, dip chunks of crusty bread into it, drizzle a few drops on any veggies (especially tomatoes, sautéed greens or asparagus), meats or gravies & sauces. Try a few drops over game, lamb or steak as you serve. A few drops will add richness & depth to any Bolognese, stew or tomato-based pasta sauce.
It works on a cheese board too, especially harder cheeses like parmesan or pecorino. A few drops on strawberries with a grind of black pepper is sublime, trust us!
Balsamic vinegar (concentrated grape must, wine vinegar)
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1613 KJ (379 kcal) Protein 1.6g Carbohydrate 89.0g of which sugars 88.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.151g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar