Great Taste Award Aged Balsamic Gift Pack
Our Great Taste Award Aged Balsamic Gift Pack is an incredible collection of our 3 Great Taste Award Winners, presented in a custom gift box with Recipe Tips for that perfect present.
Set contains 3 FULL SIZE BOTTLES of our beautiful ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegars: Gran Riserva, Pomegranate & Fig and our stunning Aged White Balsamic Vinegar.
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then gently infused to give a rich, intense flavour explosion. Boxed set contains:
GRAN RISERVA ‘SPECIAL RESERVE’ AGED BALSAMIC: rich, thick & beautifully sweet, try a drizzle on meat & game as you serve, on figs, goat’s cheese salad, ice cream, fruit, a cheese board & much more.
We use this Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for our dark infusions. This is what the judges had to say:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
If you need a glaze (but without the sugar, emulsifiers or artificial thickeners), this is the one for you.
POMEGRANATE & FIG ‘SPECIAL RESERVE’ AGED BALSAMIC: bursting with rich fruit flavours, the fresh, zingy pomegranate with the added depth of the fig balances beautifully to create a richness not found in cheap copies or sugary fruit vinegars. This is what the judges had to say:
- Thick balsamic, rich & dark. Pomegranate shines through with intense lingering flavour
- Well balanced sweetness
- Good viscosity; balance of sweet & sour would work well with game
Rich, thick & sweet with no bitterness, add a drizzle to anything gamey, salads – especially goat’s cheese – couscous or quinoa, cheese boards & more.
AGED WHITE ‘SPECIAL RESERVE’ BALSAMIC: our beautiful White Aged Balsamic vinegar is light, fruity & full of fruit flavours. A lot of people haven’t heard of a white balsamic, and even the ones that have haven’t tasted one this good!
Naturally sweet, we don’t add a grain of sugar to this balsamic either, resulting in a bright, fresh dressing, sweet with a hint of creaminess & almost-butterscotch backnotes. This is what the judges had to say:
- Clear, bright, fruity with well-judged balance of acidity & sweetness
- Versatile, we liked the grapey-fruitiness
- Light, clean-looking with subtle aroma; clean & fresh flavour
- Well balanced with the sweetness & acidity to give interesting complexity & length
Drizzle on salads, tuna, scallops, fruit, ice cream or use to balance a ceviche for a lightness that is difficult to achieve using a cheap, sugary-sweet fruit vinegar or one of our traditional, rich aged balsamic vinegars. Try a shot in a prosecco or a tall glass with ice & soda water for a refreshing long drink!
Aged White Balsamic and the Pomegranate & Fig Balsamic contains sulfites.
See individual products for details
|Dimensions||130 x 50 x 190 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar