‘Middle East’ 8 Rub Collection – NEW!
Our ‘Middle East’ 8 Rub Collection is the ideal way to transport your senses to the far away lands, full of heady spice & rich aromas. As well as using some of these blends to make a gorgeous feast, it includes everyday favourites like pul biber, Sumac & Harissa. We use something out of this box either every day or every other day to keep mealtimes interesting.
As with all our blends, either add a splash of oil & 1-2 tsp of the rub for a quick marinade, or just throw a good pinch on whatever you’re cooking for amazing flavour.
With each pot being enough for 4-5 meals, this is incredible value and gives a taster of many different dishes.
Contains 8 full size pots of our Middle Eastern-inspired rubs:
- Baharat: used abundantly in the Middle East, Baharat is used in a similar way to how Garam Masala is used in India. A versatile, rich, almost-smoky blend of spices gives richness to anything. Rub on lamb before roasting, add to homemade burgers, sprinkle on roast veg or add to soups, tagines, lentil dishes & tomato sauces – this is next level cooking at its simplest. 40g
- Pul Biber (Aleppo Pepper): Pul biber or Aleppo pepper is a coarsely ground Syrian & Turkish paprika, widely used in cooking & as a table condiment in Turkish homes & restaurants. Intensely burgundy-red, aromatic with some fruitiness & mild, cumin-like undertones, it has a similar flavour to the ancho chile, but oilier & slightly salty due to the drying & curing process. Perfect sprinkled over any roasted meat, veg or hummus, or added to melted butter or olive oil to finish off stews & soups. We use this in most meals instead of salt. 35g
- Zhoug: think of a Middle Eastern version of a salsa verde or chimichurri & you’re on the right track of where this spicy coriander/green chilli sauce fits. Add lemon juice & oil to make a sauce, or use sparingly as a dry rub. We love it drizzled on kebabs, with flatbreads, falafel, tofu, halloumi or even as a dip in a mezze feast. Pop any leftover sauce in the fridge & it’ll be alright for a few days. Stir a dollop into Greek yoghurt or creamy hummus & you’ll get an amazing combo of cooling & fiery flavours! 35g
- Ras-el-hanout: a blend of 15 of the finest aromatic spices, including cardamon, ginger, nutmeg, mace, rosebuds, lavender & cloves, it’s rich rather than spicy-hot. The star anise lends a subtle sweetness and really brings out the flavour of red meats or root veg, perfect for those slow-cooked lamb dishes or sweet potatoes. It’s one step up from our Moroccan rub & the closest thing to a North African style of Garam Masala you’ll find. 40g
- Chermoula: hints of Morocco with a Mediterranean twist; sweet paprika & earthy cumin compliments the zesty, herby undertones to create a gorgeous rub that delivers flavour without overpowering. Use as a dry rub for chicken, lamb or fish, or sprinkle over roasting veg or cous cous to really turn up the flavour dial. Perfect for slow roasts or in slow cookers & tagines, giving deep flavour to stews & sauces. 40g
- Harissa rub: inspired by North African spices, this chilli-based blend with mint, caraway, cumin & more is fab for any meat, fish or veg. Mix with oil or yoghurt to make a paste; leave the rest dry & it’ll last far longer than the ready-made pastes.
- Sumac: made from the dried, crushed berries of a sumac tree, Sumac (or sumak) is an essential part of any Middle Eastern cuisine. It imparts the citrusy taste of lemon without the acidity & is delicious in marinades, seasonings, stews and soups. Some others have added salt but ours is pure sumac. Mix with a splash of good oil for a marinade or to brush on to flatbreads or pitta. Add to stews, meats, fish, vegetables, salad dressings & even flatbreads to give a really aromatic note. 40g
- Falafel spice: a gorgeous blend of spices including coriander, cumin, parsley & nutmeg, our Falafel spice is the simplest way to create home made falafel & hummus. Just blitz a can of drained chickpeas in a food processor with 3 tsp of Falafel spice & 1 Tbsp flour until smooth, shape into patties & fry until golden. Serve with flatbreads & hummus. This makes a great addition to a mezze feast! 35g
This is an incredible collection of unusual & rich spices, freshly blended to give you the best possible flavour.
Like so many in our range, this is another that’s sugar-free, gluten-free & vegan too. With no fillers or anything artificial, our unique blend of herbs & spice create the purest, freshest flavour possible to give your food attitude.
Recipe Tips leaflet included in the gift box for inspiration.
- Baharat: paprika, coriander, chilli powder, cassia, black pepper, cumin, nutmeg, cardamon, cloves & rose petals
- Pul Biber (Aleppo pepper): Aleppo chilli peppers, salt, sunflower oil
- Chermoula: cumin, sweet paprika, onion, turmeric, garlic, coriander leaf, cayenne, black pepper, sea salt & lemon zest
- Zhoug: jalapeño chillies, coriander leaf, parsley, caraway, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, bell pepper & cardamon
- Ras-el-hanout: cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, mace, allspice, coriander, nutmeg, turmeric, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, star anise, cloves, rose petals & lavender
- Sumac: just sumac, nothing else & especially no added salt like many others.
- Harissa rub: sea salt, cumin, mixed chillies, coriander, garlic, mint, caraway & cayenne
- Falafel spice: coriander, cumin, parsley, cayenne, paprika, pepper, fennel, cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg & cloves
Paleo, Gluten free & vegan
|Dimensions||200 x 140 x 70 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian