Pear & Cinnamon ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic
Our Pear & Cinnamon ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is perfect for autumn nights, drizzling over goat’s cheese salads, game, or desserts. It works beautifully with rich meats like venison, game, goose & duck. There’s enough flavour in this to have a pear & stilton salad even if you don’t have a pear!
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our Pear & Cinnamon ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
Use it as your ‘go-to’ balsamic: whenever you need to dress a salad, dip chunks of crusty bread into something, drizzle on meats or add a dash to sauces, this is a beautiful aged classic balsamic with a twist to bring it right up to date with today’s tastes.
As well as a bread-dipper, it’s the perfect partner to roast vegetables or tomatoes & excels when a few drops are drizzled over duck, lamb, venison or any game. Add a few drops to a stir fry, gravy or jus for an extra special sauce or make a marinade by adding a dash to oil, crushed garlic, thyme & whatever else you fancy for a marinade.
A dash in a slow cooker will give depth & a subtle cinema kick in the background.
Try a drizzle on thick greek yoghurt on pancakes, muesli or bircher in the morning for a fruity kick. It works on a cheese board too, especially harder cheeses like parmesan or pecorino. It’s also fab on sautéed greens & veg as well.
This is an incredible partner to anything and you’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness.
Balsamic vinegar (80%) [concentrated grape must, wine vinegar], pear (19%), cinnamon (1%). Contains sulphites.
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1613 KJ (379 kcal) Protein 1.6g Carbohydrate 89.0g of which sugars 88.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.172g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar