Pomegranate & Fig ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic
Bursting with fresh fruit flavours, our Pomegranate & Fig ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is absolutely stunning; rich, thick & sweet with no bitterness.
This is a GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNER too! The judges at the Great Taste Awards had some lovely things to say about it:
- Thick balsamic, rich & dark in colour. The pomegranate shines through with an intense lingering flavour from the vinegar
- Well balanced sweetness
- Good viscosity; balance of sweet & sour would work well with game products
The fresh, zingy pomegranate is beautifully balanced with the extra depth of the fig to create a richness not found in cheap copies or sugary fruit vinegars. Add a drizzle to anything gamey, salads – especially goat’s cheese – couscous or quinoa, cheese boards & more. This combination of flavours is a firm favourite with the discerning foodie. We’ve even drizzled it over rocket & added it to a pizza before serving.
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic, even before it was infused with pomegranate & fig:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our Pomegranate & Fig ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
Add a shot to a prosecco or make a long drink with soda water – this is a really versatile dressing you will find yourself using regularly. It’s fab on Yorkshire puddings too!
Try a drizzle on thick greek yoghurt on pancakes, muesli or bircher in the morning for a fruity kick. It works on a cheese board too, especially harder cheeses like parmesan or pecorino. It’s also fab on sautéed greens & veg. This is an incredible partner to anything and you’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness.
Balsamic vinegar (80%) [concentrated grape must, wine vinegar], pomegranate (10%), fig (10%). Contains sulfites.
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1613 KJ (379 kcal) Protein 1.6g Carbohydrate 89.0g of which sugars 88.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.172g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar