Rich Raspberry ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic
Bursting with fruit, our Rich Raspberry ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar is absolutely stunning; rich, thick & sweet with no bitterness at all. We use this as a raspberry substitute; in fact, many customers say this is more raspberry than raspberries!
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
Instead, our Rich Raspberry ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
Add a shot to a prosecco or make a long drink with soda water – this is a really versatile dressing you will find yourself using regularly. It’s fab on Yorkshire puddings too!
Try a drizzle on thick greek yoghurt on pancakes, muesli or bircher in the morning for a fruity kick. It works on a cheese board too, especially harder cheeses like parmesan or pecorino. It’s also fab on sautéed greens & veg. This is an incredible partner to anything and you’ll only need a few drops to give a real richness.
Dress a salad, dip chunks of crusty bread into it, drizzle on meats or add a dash to sauces; this is a classic, beautiful aged balsamic with a twist to bring it right up to date with today’s tastes. Try a few drops over game, lamb or steak as you serve.
Balsamic vinegar (80%) (concentrated grape must, wine vinegar), raspberry (20%). Contains sulphites.
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1533 KJ (360 kcal) Protein 1.9g Carbohydrate 82.0g of which sugars 81.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.135g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar