Spiced Aromatic ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic
Our signature Spiced Aromatic ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic is almost certainly the most interesting & exciting balsamic vinegars you’ve ever tasted, delivering different levels of flavour for an incredible tasting experience. It’s not a hot spice, rather a richly aromatic blend of star anise, cinnamon, juniper & allspice with a really subtle hint of coriander right at the finish.
We use our GREAT TASTE AWARD WINNING Gran Riserva ‘Special Reserve’ Aged Balsamic Vinegar as the base for this infusion. This is what the judges had to say about this base balsamic:
- Glossy, with good consistency; the ageing has done its work
- Real molasses notes; complex sweetness & lovely balance of acidity
- A dark & rich balsamic with good consistency & beautiful sheen
The key differences between our stunning, authentic aged balsamic vinegars compared with cheaper imitations are:
- WE DON’T use watery, thin balsamic vinegar; ours are thick enough to use as a glaze but with NO artificial sweeteners or thickeners.
- WE DON’T do ‘reductions’ – cheaper vinegars that have been boiled to reduce them (sometimes even with sugar) & make them thicker.
- WE DON’T add a grain of sugar, caramel (E150) or sweeteners anywhere in the process – all the sweetness comes from the passing of time & from the fruit itself.
This is unlike any ‘supermarket balsamic’ or cheap, watery vinegars made with 40-50% sugar.
This also means it’s ‘free’ on all the slimming plans we know of!
Instead, our Spiced Aromatic ‘Special Reserve’ is a stunning, authentic aged balsamic from Modena, home of the World’s finest balsamic vinegars, aged for years in barrels until just the right balance of sweetness is attained & then infused with fruit to give the perfect explosion of flavours.
As well as a bread-dipper, it’s the perfect partner to roast vegetables, stir fries or red meat dishes, especially slow cooked chillies & casseroles. Drizzle a few drops over duck, game or venison for a real treat. Add a dash to a stir fry, gravy or jus for an extra special sauce or make a marinade by adding a dash to oil, crushed garlic, thyme & whatever else you fancy: marinate pigeon or game for a few hours before cooking as usual and you’ll have a dish sure to become a household favourite.
It’s also fab on sautéed greens or veg too & adds incredible richness to anything it touches.
Balsamic vinegar [concentrated grape must, wine vinegar] infused with star anise, cinnamon, juniper, allspice & coriander. Contains sulphites.
Typical values per 100ml Energy 1613 KJ (379 kcal) Protein 1.6g Carbohydrate 89.0g of which sugars 88.9g Fat 0.0g of which saturates 0.0g Salt 0.172g
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 180 mm|
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Zero added sugar