Bircher, or overnight oats, really is one of the most incredible breakfasts you can have, full of nutrition & slow-release energy to keep you fuelled up post-workout or simply for the day ahead.
And the best thing? It is the simplest thing you will prepare all day; just a few minutes prep the night before gives an instant breakfast to grab on your way out of the door.
Once mastered, tweak it to keep it interesting!
A low-GI whole grain, rolled oats are known to reduce cholesterol & give a slow release of energy to keep you fuller for longer. This helps reduce calorie intake.
The addition of a teaspoon of our incredible Super Boost blends, or seeds, fruits & even nuts all provide essential fatty acids & nutrients with many health benefits.
If you’re finishing off with grated apple or pear & a spoonful of Natural Greek-style yoghurt, you’ll also benefit from calcium & probiotic cultures for healthy digestion.
Most packaged breakfast cereals are highly processed, highly refined & full of hidden sugar. If you had to add that amount of sugar yourself, you’d never do it…
Some days, we’re all about fruit. The next, we add raw cacao to get the chocolatey taste we love without the sugar or fat.
Here’s our basic method for a classic Bircher. Use it as the blank canvas to tweak it & make it your own.
- add everything except the grated apple & yoghurt to a bowl & stir well
- cover & place in the fridge overnight
- grate the apple or pear into the bowl, add the yoghurt & enjoy
- 1 tsp of our SuperBoost, Berry Bliss, Chai Spice, Gold Dust or Cacao Kick blends
- Dried cranberries, apricots, Inca Berries, Goji Berries, Mulberries or dates
- Walnuts, almonds or other nuts
- Flax seeds, Hemp Seeds instead of Chia Seeds
- Raw Cacao Nibs or Raw Cacao Powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon or Mixed Sweet Spice
- Drizzle of Purely Pomegranate or Rich Raspberry Aged Balsamic to finish
In the colder months, try heating in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Delicious!
Share this Post