This simple 5-miute salsa is the most incredible, freshest, zingiest tasting salsa you’ll ever try and is perfect with anything BBQ’d, as a dip, or a beautiful alternative to ketchup for a burger. The best thing is it takes literally minutes and you’ll get a flavour kick that will liven up your tastebuds. After you’ve made this once, I can almost guarantee you’ll make it again within a few days!
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- about 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- juice of 2 limes
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- put the finely diced onion to a bowl with the vinegar & stir (this will take the harshness away)
- chop up the tomatoes into small pieces, any way you like, squeeze out the pips as best you can & put in a second bowl; add a pinch of salt & pepper
- roll the limes to release more juice, cut & squeeze over tomatoes
- chop the coriander (finely chop the stalks too, there’s loads of flavour there!) & add to the tomatoes
- strain the onions from the vinegar & add those too
- stir everything together & enjoy!
This is the perfect base, so personalise it to your taste by adding a pinch of chilli flakes, a few drops of a good balsamic or whatever else you fancy!