Our 8 Middle Eastern Spice Collection is a set of exotic spice blend rubs inspired by Middle Eastern cuisine to transport your senses to the far away lands, full of heady spice & rich aromas.
A gift-boxed collection of 8 full size pots, this is the perfect way to rub, marinade & pinch your way to incredible flavour.
All are ZERO SUGAR with maximum taste! They’re also ‘free’ on all the slimming plans we know of!
These spice blends can be used as either dry rubs or wet marinades to transform simple meat, fish or vegetable dishes.
As well as using some of these blends to make a gorgeous feast, it includes everyday favourites like pul biber, Sumac & Harissa. We use something out of this box either every day or every other day to keep mealtimes interesting.
As with all our blends, either add a splash of oil & 1-2 tsp of the rub for a quick marinade, or just throw a good pinch on whatever you’re cooking for amazing flavour.
With each pot being enough for 4-5 meals, this is incredible value and gives a taster of many different dishes.
Contains 8 full size pots of our Middle Eastern-inspired rubs:
- Baharat: used abundantly in the Middle East, Baharat is used in a similar way to how Garam Masala is used in India. A versatile, rich, almost-smoky blend of spices gives richness to anything. Rub on lamb before roasting, add to homemade burgers, sprinkle on roast veg or add to soups, tagines, lentil dishes & tomato sauces – this is next level cooking at its simplest. 40g
- Pul Biber (Aleppo Pepper): Pul biberor Aleppo pepperis a coarsely ground Syrian & Turkish paprika, widely used in cooking & as a table condiment in Turkish homes & restaurants. Intensely burgundy-red, aromatic with some fruitiness & mild, cumin-like undertones, it has a similar flavour to the ancho chile, but oilier & slightly salty due to the drying & curing process. Perfect sprinkled over any roasted meat, veg or hummus, or added to melted butter or olive oil to finish off stews & soups. We use this in most meals instead of salt. 35g
- Zhoug: think of a Middle Eastern version of a salsa verdeor chimichurri& you’re on the right track of where this spicy coriander/green chilli sauce fits. Add lemon juice & oil to make a sauce, or use sparingly as a dry rub. We love it drizzled on kebabs, with flatbreads, falafel, tofu, halloumi or even as a dip in a mezze feast. Pop any leftover sauce in the fridge & it’ll be alright for a few days. Stir a dollop into Greek yoghurt or creamy hummus & you’ll get an amazing combo of cooling & fiery flavours! 35g
- Ras-el-hanout: a blend of 15 of the finest aromatic spices, including cardamon, ginger, nutmeg, mace, rosebuds, lavender & cloves, it’s rich rather than spicy-hot. The star anise lends a subtle sweetness and really brings out the flavour of red meats or root veg, perfect for those slow-cooked lamb dishes or sweet potatoes. It’s one step up from our Moroccan rub & the closest thing to a North African style of Garam Masala you’ll find. 40g
- Chermoula: hints of Morocco with a Mediterranean twist; sweet paprika & earthy cumin compliments the zesty, herby undertones to create a gorgeous rub that delivers flavour without overpowering. Use as a dry rub for chicken, lamb or fish, or sprinkle over roasting veg or cous cousto really turn up the flavour dial. Perfect for slow roasts or in slow cookers & tagines, giving deep flavour to stews & sauces. 40g
- Harissa rub: inspired by North African spices, this chilli-based blend with mint, caraway, cumin & more is fab for any meat, fish or veg. Mix with oil or yoghurt to make a paste; leave the rest dry & it’ll last far longer than the ready-made pastes. 40g
- Sumac: made from the dried, crushed berries of a sumac tree, Sumac (or sumak) is an essential part of any Middle Eastern cuisine. It imparts the citrusy taste of lemon without the acidity & is delicious in marinades, seasonings, stews and soups. Some others have added salt but ours is pure sumac. Mix with a splash of good oil for a marinade or to brush on to flatbreads or pitta. Add to stews, meats, fish, vegetables, salad dressings & even flatbreads to give a really aromatic note. 40g
- Falafel spice: a gorgeous blend of spices including coriander, cumin, parsley & nutmeg, our Falafel spiceis the simplest way to create home made falafel & hummus. Just blitz a can of drained chickpeas in a food processor with 3 tsp of Falafel spice & 1 Tbsp flour until smooth, shape into patties & fry until golden. Serve with flatbreads & hummus. This makes a great addition to a mezze feast! 35g
This is an incredible collection of unusual & rich spices, freshly blended to give you the best possible flavour. Our spice rubs are made in small batches, so you’re likely to have a blend that’s only been made a few days or a couple of weeks at most.
Like so many in our range, this is another that’s sugar-free, gluten-free & vegan too. With no fillers or anything artificial, our unique blend of herbs & spice create the purest, freshest flavour possible to give your food attitude.
Gift boxed with a Recipe Tips leaflet.
- Baharat: paprika, coriander, chilli powder, cassia, black pepper, cumin, nutmeg, cardamon, cloves & rose petals
- Pul Biber (Aleppo pepper): Aleppo chilli peppers, salt, sunflower oil
- Chermoula: cumin, sweet paprika, onion, turmeric, garlic, coriander leaf, cayenne, black pepper, sea salt & lemon zest
- Zhoug: jalapeño chillies, coriander leaf, parsley, caraway, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, bell pepper & cardamon
- Ras-el-hanout: cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, mace, allspice, coriander, nutmeg, turmeric, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, star anise, cloves, rose petals & lavender
- Sumac: just sumac, nothing else (& especially no added salt like many others)
- Harissa: sea salt, cumin, mixed chillies, coriander, garlic, mint, caraway & cayenne
- Falafel spice: coriander, cumin, parsley, cayenne, paprika, pepper, fennel, cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg & cloves